Today I joined some friends on FB in a 10,000 steps club. Each day we try to get in 10,000 steps. I’ve been working on this for some time. I must say, some days are better than others. Joining some likeminded friends hopefully will keep me on track.
I had to figure out how to get all those steps in. Here are some of the things I do:
- Jog around when I’m brushing my teeth
- I set a timer and jog around my house from 10-20 minutes
- Do a “Walk At Home” video
- Walk outside when the weather is nice
- Jog in place when watching a short video online
- Get up during advertisements on TV and jog around
- Walk around large stores or the mall
Every little bit helps. Sitting for hours at my computer is not healthful. I do feel better when I’m more active. As I walk or jog my mind creates new ideas. When I’m feeling blue, I get renewed focus and pull myself out of those dreadful places.
I wear a FitBit to count my steps. I can also monitor my sleep.
Are you ready to get moving? Start a 10,000 step club with your friends.